- Demo submission deadline:
March 16, 2018March 23, 2018 (firm)
- Acceptance notification: April 6, 2018
- Camera-ready submission: April 20, 2018
The IEEE conference on Network Softwarization, NetSoft 2018, invites demonstration proposals on networking software related research prototypes. As a high-profile, leading edge forum for researchers and engineers in the field of networking software, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), NetSoft 2018 offers a unique opportunity to demonstrate innovative and leading-edge networking software prototypes, engage with highly-skilled technical audience, and discuss emerging technologies with key thought leaders. Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications, ground breaking ideas, and novel concepts related to networking software are welcome. We are seeking the following types of contributions without implying any order of preference:
- Demonstrations on topics related to NetSoft 2018
- Demonstrations from industrial and academia researchers.
- Demonstrations from open source communities.
- Demonstrations from 5G/NFV/SDN testbeds and prototypes.
- Demonstrations from student authors related to the concepts presented in their paper(s).
- Demonstrations from authors whose contributions have been accepted in the main conference and workshops
Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the form of a 3-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted demo papers will be included in the electronic conference/workshops proceedings bundle provided to NetSoft 2018 attendees and will be subsequently submitted to IEEE Xplore. The paper should incorporate the following:
- Author’s names and affiliation
- Key networking concepts involved and what is demonstrated and distinguishing aspects with respect to previous related work
- Prototype Illustrations
- Highlights of the innovation, with a clear description of novel ideas in Networking Software.
- A crisp list of individual items that will be demonstrated.
- Relevant references, in particular if the demo is related to a paper being accepted in the main conference or a workshop
The proposal may include additional documents like powerpoints, etc., that clarify the demonstration, as well as the list of technical requirements for the demonstration (power outlet, space, etc.).
Demonstration proposal papers should be submitted through electronic mail (e-mail) to the Demo Co-Chairs of NetSoft 2018.
The demo proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee and will be approved based on availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
- Adherence to NetSoft scope
- Significance of the research contribution,
- Potential impact on the area,
- Quality of the proposed implementation,
- Presentation quality
At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register for the NetSoft 2018 main conference and present their demo at the scheduled demo session(s).